After I successfully got the client to accept my project price proposal all UX fun started.
We got together with the client and his associates and had an first insight into what they want and what they need.
We wanted to know what is the goal of this redesign. What must happen for everyone who has vested interest to say “This was successful and we are more than happy with the result”
This first session gave us huge insight into the whole redesign requirement.
I got permission from the client to interview their employees from the call centre and person who was directly maintaining and filling up the web site with content and products. This was a crucial set of information that we compared with the usability testing and immediately could see patterns. Users had problems in order to understand the language and the call centre was overloaded with calls that needed to be addressed. We got the whole laundry list of requirements for change from direct contact with customers.
We contacted clients with surveys that gave us insight into their requirements and work flow. These interviews were then analysed and again compared with previous research. We had many hits and the overall picture was starting to be visible
As this web site was way too outdated we looked for local competitors and those from abroad. We created a table of benefits, features, what they have, what they don't have, what makes them better etc.
Based on all known facts and hypotheses we created 2 types of personas. 1 was an experienced user who has huge orders for his farm. 2 was a user who grows from seeds as a hobby.
Here we created a few ways how the user gets from looking for a product to the whole process of buying, checking out and paying for the products. Current website had few obstacles in the form of must be registered to place order and an unclear UI that was not helping users when they got stuck. Lack of supportive advocating elements that would make this process easier to navigate through.
When the web will be released it won't mean that our job is done. Now this is really the very interesting part of the job where we monitor through various tools (Google Analytics, Crazy Egg, Hotjar) what users do, what they don't do and how they interact with our newly redesigned website.